Taking the curriculum out of the classroom
The Great Big Tree Climbing Co. works with schools to offer an exciting new mobile form of adventure for your pupils. Tree climbing gives young people the chance to develop mental and physical skills, build confidence, work as a team and most importantly have fun.
We also have experience of working with children with disabilities.
We can offer an alternative approach to aspects of your curriculum, teaching your pupils to solve problems and experience risk management in a safe and fun environment.
Learning Skills, Having Fun
- Fun Exercise
- Back To Nature
- Develops Mental and Physical Skills
- Personal Challenge
- Problem Solving
- Builds Confidence
- Discover Strengths And Weaknesses
- Try Something New
- Teamwork And Team Building
- Non Competitive
- Learn To Take Measured And Calculated Risks
“Thanks for a great afternoon of climbing. The boys had an excellent time for the second year running. Tree climbing fits in well with our Outdoor Pursuits programme and appeals to pupils of all ages at Ludgrove.
Tom Buckner – Ludgrove School, Berkshire
Great Opportunity for Pupils
The Great Big Tree Climbing Co. is an external resource that enables your school to offer a new and different activity – with very little impact on your staff or environment.
- We come to your school so there’s no travel or implicated cost or administration to you
- We offer real value for money – prices start at £9 per head
- We work independently – little or no input required from your staff
- We work in sensitive sites with minimal environmental impact
- We supply everything
- Our staff are highly skilled and qualified, DBS checked and first aid trained
- Teaching in the trees can be used in a variety of ways; as part of your curriculum, for activity days, sports days, open days, post exam celebrations etc.
All you need is a suitable tree!
“The boys adored the day. Swinging from the trees, whizzing down an aerial runway – they were in heaven. The instructors kept the boys busy all the time, if they were not up a tree or down an aerial runway, they were doing another activity. Boys who thought they would never be able to make it up the tree came down succeeding with broad grins on their faces and have been talking about it ever since. We have them booking in for next term already!”
Amy Dawson – Sunningdale School
Health and Safety
Safety is paramount. All climbers are supplied with harnesses and helmets and have a full safety briefing and clear instructions on how to ascend the tree before setting off.
We can have up to 8 lines running up into a tree at one time, with highly trained instructors on hand to ensure the climbings have the best experience.
Anyone can climb – as long as they are in good health.
External auditing of Health and Safety by Pharos Response.
Institute for Outdoor Learning
The Great Big Tree Climbing Co. strives to combine high safety standards, professionalism and an environmental approach to all that we do. Such values have led us to become members of the Institute for Outdoor Learning with an accredited staff training scheme.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 0556760